PeeJaY

Saturday, October 11, 2008

all the sweet in world / personnel rant

Y'day I went to ccd (by the way, my long time school buddy, chotu, has been placed in this coffee-chain, so congrats to him and best of luck to him for his future) beside my office, and to my wonder I saw 50% price increase on all sweet items (by sweet I mean which are not salty or sour or tasteless for that matter). I asked the guy at the counter why? Why have they increased rate of the items which were priced 10 times, well at least some of them (like hmm... let me c.... yes!! coffee) to 20 times I would like to pay...
He said "haven’t you heard, there is a sugar scarcity prevailing in world", and to my surprise I seriously haven’t heard nething like that. Well the problem is sometimes you miss the biggest of news headlines while you read news in Google reader and whizz past the items coz all looks the same in it!! Be a front page headline or that 1 column somewhere down in the gossip page...
Neways coming back to the topic... I checked out some sites and came to knw that the sugar problem in very deep rooted and sugar industry has taken a big hit this year. If you talk to industries they say it’s a farmers’ fault, not theirs, they have not been getting enough raw material to make sugar.
So I decided to go to the nearest sugar field (I guess you would have guessed it by now the story is all made up coz I don’t think there are ne sugar fields near Bangalore, city I don’t knw why so popular, well again I am getting away from the main topic, we'll take this up sm other time. I talked to one of them, no! not aliens who make crop circles, the farmer you idiot, who makes rather grows the crop and also the sugar cane from which sugar is made. Can you believe what he did, he showed me his finger... again no!!, of course not the that kind of finger, well that’s not a kind of finger but just an expression - to which I m not referring here, he showed me his finger pointing up saying ask him, a bird was passing by our head, let us say a crow. I thought it would be tough to talk to a crow between all that crowing or crow calling, but quickly allaying my fears of talking to that crow, farmer said he was pointing towards god, I thought - righhht, that makes much more sense.

So I thought of bringing up this matter coming Friday evening call, ya I have weekly calls with god, actually I have two calls on Friday, one with my company CTO, who is in mountain view, US and other with god, late in the evening. So that Friday after we exchanged pleasantries, I quickly came to point, and queried him, god, about the whole sugar issue. He told its all coz of you. Yes I mean you, who is reading this post. He told me he have spent all his sugar in making you sweet. Wow! So let’s make this clear. It’s you who have all the sweetness in the world. So next time I want coffee/tea I would come to you and ask your dip your finger in it to make it sweet, or wait I have a better way of doing this, the one in which you doesn’t end up dipping you finger or getting it licked :P in numerous times daily. I could just call you or better you can just call me daily and talk to me... spreading you sweetness by words, easy !!.
So start talking and talking sweet to everyone so that this sweet scarcity of our world ends soon!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Anusha said...

kya baat hai ji.... i feel good reading this!!! thanx...

7:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@anusha: thnx :)

9:22 PM  
Blogger Designing said...

humm badhiya likha hai..its realy gud

9:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@anuradha thnx D

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home